MySql Data base and FreeRadius

User for Free Radius mail list f-radius at pcez.com
Wed Aug 8 20:00:02 CEST 2007

Hello,

We are just setting up 2 new FreeRadius boxes to handle DSL radius
authentication. This is nothing new to us. What is new is using a MySql data
base with the FreeRadius.

Anyway we have most everything working as should be. We are running the
MySql databases as master and slave for replication on the backup
FreeRadius server. This we have setup and running.

One problem we ran into was on the backup server (slave MySql) in the
radiusd.conf file we had set:
post-auth {

            sql
          }

We found this would change the radius->radpostauth table on the slave and
then we would get "Slave: Error 'Duplicate entry" errors. So we commented
out the "sql" line in the post-auth section of the radiusd.conf file and
that solved the problem.

My question?????? Should I be looking for any other got-yas before putting
these servers into production?

Thanks,

Ken