building RPM from source

Fred Zinsli fred.zinsli at shooter.co.nz
Wed Aug 15 21:05:43 CEST 2007

Thanks for the comments.

I have got a copy of 1.1.7 source but my issue is that I don't know how
to enable mysql in the spec file.

Also if I compile from source to I have to install freeradius-mysql or
is it all in the single build?

Also, do I have to have mysql installed on the build machine to enable
mysql suppport?

Default spec file:
%configure --prefix=%{_prefix} \
	--localstatedir=%{_localstatedir} \
	--sysconfdir=%{_sysconfdir} \
	--mandir=%{_mandir} \
	--with-docdir=%{_datadir}/doc/%{name}-%{version} \
	--with-system-libtool \
	--disable-ltdl-install \
	--with-ltdl-lib=/usr/lib \
	--with-ltdl-include=/usr/include \
	--with-large-files --with-udpfromto --with-edir \
	--with-rlm-sql_postgresql-include-dir=/usr/include/pgsql \
	--with-rlm-krb5-include-dir=/usr/kerberos/include \
	--with-rlm-krb5-lib-dir=/usr/kerberos/lib

I assume I can alter the
--with-rlm-sql_postgresql-include-dir=/usr/include/pgsql \
to read
--with-rlm-sql_mysql-include-dir=/usr/include/mysql \
But /usr/include/mysql doesn't exist on the machine.

I am also wanting to add sqlcounter suppport

assumed line:
--with-rlm-sqlcounter-include-dir=/usr/include/sqlcounter \
But again this doesn't exist on the build machine.

I look forward to your comments.

Regards

Fred