building RPM from source

Matt Garretson mattg at assembly.state.ny.us
Wed Aug 15 21:31:42 CEST 2007

Fred Zinsli wrote:
> I have got a copy of 1.1.7 source but my issue is that I don't know how
> to enable mysql in the spec file.

The spec file that comes in the Fedora source RPM I suggested shows you
exactly how to do it.  In fact, it's done for you.  :)

> Also, do I have to have mysql installed on the build machine to enable
> mysql suppport?

Yes, both the mysql and mysql-devel packages would be required.  You don't
need mysql-server installed, unless of course you want to run the MySQL
server on that machine.  (The spec file also requires some other packages,
which you can easily snip out if you don't actually need to build/use the
stuff which depends on them.)

> But /usr/include/mysql doesn't exist on the machine.

I'm guessing none of the MySQL packages are installed.  Try:
"yum install mysql mysql-devel".

-Matt