how to logout user

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Aug 20 09:32:24 CEST 2007

Alex French wrote:
> It can, but it doesn't. Not freeradius.

  FreeRADIUS can run radclient.  At that point, it's irrelevant whether
or not the code is "internal" to FreeRADIUS.  You can make disconnect
messages part of your FreeRADIUS policy: that's the only important thing.

> Look, we can go back and forth on this, but the poor guy wants to know
> how to log people off his APs. The short answer is,

  You don't.  Most cheap AP's have near-zero functionality.

> 1) The Freeradius server will not do this for you

  You have to write maybe 10 lines of configuration to get this done.

> 2) It is unlikely that your AP will allow you to do this through
> radius *at all*. The majority of access points allow you to log people
> off only using proprietary methods, or maybe through  SNMP if you're
> lucky. So this list is not going to provide the answer, unfortunately.

  The more expensive AP's will often let you do this.