Tesing Freeradius

Pretty Woman redrose_w at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 29 16:19:44 CEST 2007

Hello,

I installed freeradius 1.1.7 on a RedHat 9 system and
after making a few basic changes to configuration
files I tried to test the authentification with a
program called NTRadPing. It doesnt work and gives :
recvfrom() error, last error 10054

The configs I made are:

In the radiusd.conf :
unix {

#uncpmmented:
  passwd = /etc/passwd
  shadow = /etc/shadow
  group = /etc/group
}

In the clients.conf (the ip of the computer that I
tested from):
client 19x.xxx.xxx.xxx/24 {
        secret          = testing123
        shortname       = meee
        nastype         = other
}

How can I configure freeradius to test it's
functionality ?

PS: After testing I want to make it work with a
Quintum GW, so any tips on making it work with Quintum
would be much appreciated.

Thanks