AW: AW: Authenticate by MAC address

Stieven.Struyf at komatsu.eu Stieven.Struyf at komatsu.eu
Wed Dec 5 12:19:42 CET 2007

i don't use a database, but for the normal flat textfile you set the mac
address as username and as password.
The switch(i have procurves) sends the macadress as both username and
password to the radius server.

Stieven Struyf
M.I.S. Division - System Operations
Komatsu Europe International NV
Mechelsesteenweg 586
B-1800 Vilvoorde
Stieven.Struyf at komatsu.eu
Tel. +32 (0)2 2552551

"The question of whether a computer can think is no more interesting than
the question of whether a submarine can swim." -- E. W. Dijkstra

"Bernd" <s4ndm4n at gmx.de>
Sent by:
freeradius-users-bounces+stieven.struyf=komatsu.eu at lists.freeradius.org
05-12-07 11:53
Please respond to
FreeRadius users mailing list <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org>

cc

Subject
AW: AW: Authenticate by MAC address

To do authentication by MAC-address. Maybe some settings in radiusd.conf
or
smth another conf. file. I can hardly believe it's just typing the
MAC-adress into the database and it works?