MAC or user auth

CoMeC comec at e-comec.com
Wed Dec 12 13:37:56 CET 2007

Ok,

Sorry for unsufficent informations. :)

For both authentifications methods there will be 2 separate NAS (one for
username/pass auth and one for MAC auth)

As NAS I will use Mikrotik routers.

The thing is
- router will lease DHCP Address to a clients machine.
- router sends Calling-Station-id Attribute in Access-Request, so I know
the client's MAC

In radcheck I have for example a user "John" with attribute
Calling-Station-id := MAC
I would like freeradius to ignore username and only check table for MAC.
If he found a valid MAC, then it knows that the user is "John" and it can
send an Access-Accept with parameters.

I know that radius can authenticate a Username with MAC.
But how to make radius ignores the username?

So, if Radius found no Calling-Station-id:=MAC attribute, and it has got
Username, then it has to authenticate user using username and password. :)

Is it possible? And if not would you advice me another solution?

Thanks,

Best regards,

CoMeC :)