Example listed in huntgroup file does not work

tnt at kalik.co.yu tnt at kalik.co.yu
Thu Dec 13 13:59:21 CET 2007

>I did, but the user list is not being recognized by more than one.
>How can I get that user list to be used for all NAS that are in that
>huntgroup?  Or is this a bug?

No, it's not a bug. It's a flat file entry. Every entry is matched
separately. i.e. one entry doesn't "know" what's listed under
another.

>I should say that I do not want to use an external solution.  Creating a
>huntgroup for each NAS with the exact same user list does work, but then
>if I have to change a user I would then have to modify what could be
>over 100 groups.

So, there is a very good case to use database in this case, then? Single
entry vs. "over 100" of them to administrate? And why would the
database be an "external solution"? Freeradius integrates very well
and quite easily with several database servers. And you can leave your
passwords where they are and use database just for group creation.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP