Help w/ pam radius

Jeff Fishbaugh email.fish at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 22:52:36 CET 2007

Just thought I would reply to my own thread since I figured it out and probably others can benefit from it.... yes yes yes the variations in distro's PAM implementation will kill you.... that was all it was.... so beware -- knowing your PAM system on your machines is crucial if you don't want to do a lot of head scratching.

#%PAM-1.0
auth sufficient /lib/security/pam_radius_auth.so debug client_id=linux
auth       include      system-auth
account    required     pam_nologin.so
account    include      system-auth
password   include      system-auth
session    optional     pam_keyinit.so force revoke
session    include      system-auth
session    required     pam_loginuid.so

Haven't figured this error out yet...

Wed Dec 19 15:50:05 2007 : Error: rlm_ldap: could not set LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_REQUIRE
_CERT option to allow

...but least I can auth SSH with RADIUS so I am a happy camper.