Configure Cisco Aironet 1130 with PEAP/Ms-Chap2

Julian Stöver julian_st at gmx.de
Thu Dec 27 16:09:00 CET 2007

Hi,
first, i'm sorry for this late answer, I was in holiday.

> Julian Stöver wrote:
>> after solving my problem with creating certificates i got another
>> problem: I enabled MsCHAP in the Radius configuration
>
>  The default configuration already enables mschap.  Why are you
> editing
> it to "enable" mschap?
>
>> and added the
>> server as an radius authentication and accounting server and also
>> enables aes-ccmp and wpa2 mendatory key.
>
>  Which means that there is no RADIUS happening.  You cannot use wpa2
> and 802.1x at the same time.
>
>> but if i want to login, i get
>> the message "login faild" on the login prompt. and the radius server
>> didn't get any requests...
>
>  Which is exactly how you configured the AP to work.

My Access Point configuration is:

- Security:
-- Open Authentication with EAP
-- Encryption: Cypher, AES-CCM
-- Sessionid: Private WLAN
-- EAP Authentication Server: 172.19.1.2
-- Key Management: Mandatory, WPA
-- Accounting-Server 172.19.1.2

I hope you can use this informations, if something is missing, please
tell me!

Julian