Re: Re: dialup_admin and log_badlogins error

tzieleniewski tzieleniewski at o2.pl
Tue Feb 6 14:48:55 CET 2007

> tzieleniewski wrote:
>
> >Hi!
> >
> >My first question is if the dialup_admin is still supported and compatible with latest free radius:)?
> >because right now I am trying to use it with my latest free radius cvs version.
> >

> Yes
>
> >If it is still compatible please help me with the following issues:
> >Is it possible to control the radcheck table through dialup_admin or it only used for accounting??
> >

> Yes
How is it done? I cannot find any documentation about it. Ive installed dialup_admin and it works. So wich positions from the main menu for the dialup_admin panel consider accounting radcheck table contents??

> >Another thing is that when I try to use log_badlogins I get the following error:
> >./log_badlogins /var/log/radiusd/radiusd.log /home/radius/dialup_admin/conf/admin.conf
> >Could not open %{general_raddb_dir}/clients.conf file
> >

> Log_badlogins does not support variable expansion. So set the path to
> clients.conf to a literal value  in admin.conf
I managed to start it but whenever I send and accept request to the freeradius nothing appears in the database? The corresponding records should appear in the badusers table, right? I read in the HOWTO that log_badlogins will concatenate client short name with the general_domain variable in admin.conf. this client short name is the name defined in the freeradius clients.conf file??
Then it creates $client_shortname.$domain and resolves NAS IP address by some query?? Is it the DNS A record query or something else??