The EAP Saga continues.

Evan Vittitow evan at terralab.com
Wed Feb 7 16:49:36 CET 2007

I'm having an issue telling my server certificate from my client
certificate:

Issues: Which of these is the client certificate, and which of these is
the server cert.

in eap.conf

                       private_key_file = ${raddbdir}/certs/cakey.pem
                        certificate_file = ${raddbdir}/certs/cacert.crt
                        CA_file = ${raddbdir}/certs/cacert.pem

In /etc/xsupplicant.conf

        eap-peap {
                random_file = /dev/urandom
                root_cert = /etc/raddb/certs/cacert.crt
                chunk_size = 1398
                allow_types = eap_mschapv2
        eap-mschapv2 {
                username =
                password =
                }
        eap_tls {
                user_key = "/etc/raddb/certs/cacert.crt"
                user_key_pass = ""
                root_cert = "/etc/raddb/certs/cacert.crt"
                root_dir = "/etc/raddb/certs/"
                chunk_size = 1398
                random_file = "/dev/random/"
                session_resume = yes
                }

Who is the server Private/Public keypair? who is the client server
public/private pair?