The EAP Saga continues.

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Feb 7 17:00:58 CET 2007

Evan Vittitow wrote:
> I'm having an issue telling my server certificate from my client
> certificate:
>
> Issues: Which of these is the client certificate, and which of these is
> the server cert.
>
> in eap.conf
>
>                        private_key_file = ${raddbdir}/certs/cakey.pem
>                         certificate_file = ${raddbdir}/certs/cacert.crt
 >                         CA_file = ${raddbdir}/certs/cacert.pem

"certificate_file" is the server certificate file. "private_key_file" is
the key for that certificate.

"CA_file" is the file containing the CA cert which FreeRadius will
expect CLIENT certs to be signed by.

> In /etc/xsupplicant.conf
>
>         eap-peap {
>                 random_file = /dev/urandom
>                 root_cert = /etc/raddb/certs/cacert.crt
>                 chunk_size = 1398
>                 allow_types = eap_mschapv2
>         eap-mschapv2 {
>                 username =
>                 password =
>                 }
>         eap_tls {
>                 user_key = "/etc/raddb/certs/cacert.crt"
>                 user_key_pass = ""
>                 root_cert = "/etc/raddb/certs/cacert.crt"
>                 root_dir = "/etc/raddb/certs/"
>                 chunk_size = 1398
>                 random_file = "/dev/random/"
>                 session_resume = yes
>                 }

"root_cert" is the file containing the CA cert which signed FreeRadius'
"certificate_file"

"user_key" is the file containing the user cert, which must be signed by
FreeRadius' "CA_file" cert.