FreeRadius + OpenLDAP (SMD5) + Windows XP

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Feb 9 14:21:04 CET 2007

Mercier Romain wrote:
> I read that future version 2.0 will support SMD5 with pap module.
> Could it solve my problem ? When will it be released ?

You'd still need to install something on the clients. SecureW2 will to
TTLS with PAP inside the tunnel, which would work.

If your constraint is "no client software", you need the plaintext,
NT/LM passwords or samba+ntlm_auth

If you install SecureW2 and use TTLS+PAP you can check your passwords
against ANYTHING because PAP supplies the username/password to the
radius server and obviously it can do any kind of hashing or callout
with it.