check active threads

Tomas Hoger thoger at pobox.sk
Tue Feb 20 09:10:40 CET 2007

On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 02:01:53PM -0500, Kevin Bonner wrote:
> On Monday 19 February 2007 13:13, Andrew Long wrote:
> > freeradius 1.4 on CentOS 4.4
> > How can I verify the number of threads? I only see one process with
> >
> > > ps aux | grep radiusd
> >
> > I could have sworn I used to see each thread with 0.9 and I am
> > concerned that the threads are not starting correctly as defined in
> > radiusd.conf:
> >    thread pool {
> >         start_servers = 5
> >         max_servers = 32
> >         min_spare_servers = 3
> >         max_spare_servers = 10
> >         max_requests_per_server = 0
> >         }
>
> http://wiki.freeradius.org/FAQ#I_see_only_one_radiusd_in_the_process_list.__What_is_wrong.3F
>
> Freshly added to the Wiki FAQ as this has been covered countless times on the
> users list.

Kevin, it may be better to add a bit more info to wiki, since combining
SysV and BSD flags of ps is usually not permitted and -H flag is not
recognized by older versions of ps.

What about this:

For older versions of ps, use:

  - ps -efm
  - ps auxm

For newer versions of ps, you may prefer to use:

  - ps -efL
  - ps auxH

th.