Newbie question

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Sun Feb 25 15:07:21 CET 2007

M. Onur ERGiN wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am pretty new to radius.. I have installed the latest version on
> Fedora Core 5. I configured my AP. But now, I can't figure out how will
> the wireless clients authenticate. How will they enter their
> username/passwords?

This is not a radius question.

Wireless clients running 802.1x will have some software (known as a
supplicant) built in, which prompts for the username/password and
execute the EAP traffic exchange to the AP (which is forwarded to the
radius server by the AP)

I suggest you do some reading on 802.1x on wireless.