Newbie question

M. Onur ERGiN monurergin at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 25 17:32:43 CET 2007

When I run radiusd, it says it is running properly, but I check with netstat -n and I don't see anything listenning on port 1812. The port setting in the configuration file is '0' (which is I think 1812 by default).

Is this normal? I don't think my ap can access to radius server..

Regards,
Onur.

Phil Mayers <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk> wrote: M. Onur ERGiN wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am pretty new to radius.. I have installed the latest version on
> Fedora Core 5. I configured my AP. But now, I can't figure out how will
> the wireless clients authenticate. How will they enter their
> username/passwords?

This is not a radius question.

Wireless clients running 802.1x will have some software (known as a
supplicant) built in, which prompts for the username/password and
execute the EAP traffic exchange to the AP (which is forwarded to the
radius server by the AP)

I suggest you do some reading on 802.1x on wireless.
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html