Radius says client is unknown.

M. Onur ERGiN monurergin at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 27 23:07:32 CET 2007

:) thank you. how confusing it is: I have both radiusd.conf under /etc/raddb and under /usr/local/etc/raddb .. The correct one is that under /usr/.... I don't know why but when I type something wrong into the one under /etc/raddb; radiusd still returns error. May be I must remove everything and reinstall freeradius from the beginning.

Then let me ask one more question;

Now I can send my user/password over my AP. but I receive access-reject and it says:
  rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type Local
auth: type Local
auth: No User-Password or CHAP-Password attribute in the request
auth: Failed to validate the user.
Delaying request 0 for 1 seconds
Finished request 0

Can it be my certificate again? I edited eap.conf so that it includes
default_eap_type = peap
peap {
    default_eap_type = mschapv2
}
and I uncommented the default certificate lines under tls{..}

Best regards,
Onur.

"King, Michael" <MKing at bridgew.edu> wrote: Simple question ....

Is the config file your ediiting the one that Freeradius is using?
(I've done this before)

Us the locate radiusd.conf  and see all the instances.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html