MySQL authentication problem

Hernan Antolini antolini at ar.ibm.com
Tue Jan 2 21:45:37 CET 2007

ian
"sql" goes in authorize section and accounting only; leave "preprocess",
"auth_log", "suffix" and "sql" uncommented there to start.
what about your "ian" entry in your users file ?...and delete that strange
entry in your radcheck (id 1).

Ian Truelsen <ian.truelsen at gmail.com>
Sent by: freeradius-users-bounces+antolini=ar.ibm.com at lists.freeradius.org
01/02/07 04:35 PM
Please respond to
FreeRadius users mailing list <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org>

cc

Subject
Re: MySQL authentication problem

On Tue, 2007-01-02 at 09:37 -0300, Hernan Antolini wrote:

> ian, just review your radiusd.conf (authenticate and authorize
> sections) because you sql IS going ok.....
>
>  modcall[authorize]: module "sql" returns ok for request 0
>
> but your "unix" IS not
>
> modcall[authenticate]: module "unix" returns notfound for request 0
>
> just leave "sql" in your auth section if you plan to do it tha way
>
> Hernan Antolini

Well, I only want authentication from the MySQL database, so that should
authenticate the user, if the sql section is working correctly. Why
then, would the user not be authenticated, based on the information in
the radcheck table (below)?

mysql> select * from radcheck
    -> ;
+----+----------+-----------+----+-------+
| id | UserName | Attribute | op | Value |
+----+----------+-----------+----+-------+
|  1 | Password | ==        | te |       |
|  2 | ian      | Password  | == | test  |
+----+----------+-----------+----+-------+
2 rows in set (0.01 sec)

Sorry if I am being obtuse, but there is something that I am not quite
getting here.

Thanks for the help.
--
Ian Truelsen