Authentication accept/deny based on realm

Lisa Casey lisa at jellico.net
Wed Jan 10 21:11:06 CET 2007

Hi,

I am using  freeradius. I currently have two realms setup in mu users file
with fallthrough=yes for both of them since the usernames/passwords are also
in the users file and I need to be able to match on those. Currently, if
username johndoe logs in as johndoe at realm1.com he gets accepted. If he then
logs in as johndoe at realm2.com he will also get accepted since freeradius
looks at the users file (and the realms file) finds the realm is valid, then
goes on down the users file, finds the username/password valid, thus
accepting the login.

I'ld like to have it so that if johndoe logs in as johndoe at realm1.com he
gets authenticated, but if he logs in as johndoe at realm2.com he does not.

I'm not sure how to do that. I've googled a bit but didn't come up with
anything that looked helpful. If someone could point me in the right
direction, I'ld appreciate it.

Lisa Casey