MySql and calling-station-id help please

Ackbar Joolia ackbar.joolia at bglobalmetering.com
Fri Jan 12 16:19:29 CET 2007

> I cannot get the above to work at all, can anyone please give me an idea
> of how to do the above?

  See the FAQ about "it doesn't work".

  Also, try posting pieces of your current config.  What you want isn't
hard to do, but we have no idea what your configuration is, so it's
impossible to say what is going wrong.

  Alan DeKok

Alan,

Where is the “it doesn’t work” faq?

This is the logic I am following.
In my usergroup table, I have got the same username with different groupnames:

Usergroup Table
---------------------------------------
UserName  | GroupName
User1   | group1
User1   | group2
User1   | group3

Then in the radcheck table, I have the correct password for that user:

Radcheck table
--------------------------
UserName | Attribute | op | Value
User1 | Password | == | pass1

I am then having the calling-station-id s inside the radgroupcheck table. Bearing in mind that Radius will match all the attributes from the request with the values inside the radgroupcheck table

Radgroupcheck
--------------------------------
GroupName | Attribute | op | Value
Group1 | Calling-Station-Id | := | 123456
Group2 | Calling-Station-Id | := | 345677

In the radgroupreply, I am assigning the different Framed-Ip-Address to the different groups.

Radgroupreply
GroupName | Attribute | op | Value | prio
Group1 | Framed-IP-Address | := | xxx | 0
Group2 | Framed-IP-Address | := | yyy | 0

However, every time a request is coming in, the same IP address is being assigned. Radius is not differentiating at all between the different Calling-Station-Id. I know this should be a simple thing to do, but its not working for me. Please help and advise.

Al