setting user profile depending on realms?

Markus Krause krause at biochem.mpg.de
Wed Jan 17 13:32:38 CET 2007

Hi list!

We have an internal LAN with several VLANs, each corresponding the the
unix group of the users. This VLAN information is stored in OpenLDAP
(via radiusprofiledn), and that works :-)
But we want to give our users the possibility to get into a special
VLAN, in particular one which is called "Internetcafe" (in which the
can use "special services"). I thought of doing this by adding a realm
to the username, so the users can either use "username" or
"username at ic" and gets the appropriate VLAN. To do this i added the
following line in /etc/raddb/users:

DEFAULT User-Name =~ "@ic$", User-Profile :=
"cn=InternetCafe,ou=VLAN,o=Testnet"

But this works only if i do not have a radiusprofiledn attribute in
the users entry in OpenLDAP, otherwise it works.

Is there a way to override the userprofile given back by the
freeradius if the user adds a "@ic" (or whatever realm) ?
Or is there even a better way to achieve this goal and i am thinking
in a completly wrong direction?

Thanks in advance for any hints!

Regards
    Markus

Markus Krause                                   email: krause at biochem.mpg.de
Mogli-Soft: Support for Mac OS X, Webmail/Horde, LDAP, RADIUS
by order of the Computing Center of the Max-Planck-Institute of Biochemistry
Tel.: 089 - 89 40 85 99                         Fax.: 089 - 89 40 85 98

      This message was sent using https://webmail2.biochem.mpg.de
If you encounter any problems please report to rz-linux at biochem.mpg.de