A couple of questions PoPToP+FreeRadius+IAS

Marxy marxy at pechkin.org.ua
Wed Jan 17 14:38:31 CET 2007

Alan DeKok-4 wrote:

> Marxy wrote:
>> 1. Accounting of Calling-station-id returns only first 4 characters of
>> user's IP address.
>   If that's what the RADIUS client is sending, then the only solution is
> to fix the client so it sends the correct information.

My radius client is standard radiusclient software.
But it seems no settings for that in its /etc/radiusclient/radiusclient.conf

Alan DeKok-4 wrote:

>> 2. Radius does not understand some attributes from client.
>> a) Jan 14 12:37:14 shata pppd[25046]: rc_avpair_gen: received unknown
>> attribute 25 of length 30:
>
>   The client doesn't understand the response of the server.  Again, the
> only solution is to fix the client.

Yes. You are quite right.
I add missing attributes to radiusclient dictionary file.
ATTRIBUTE       MS-CHAP2-Response       25      string
ATTRIBUTE       Acct-Input-Packets      47      integer
ATTRIBUTE       Acct-Output-Packets     48      integer

And this problem has gone.

Alan DeKok-4 wrote:

>> 0x333B04270000013700010A00001701C735C490B2116B000000000000014C
>> b) Jan 11 22:29:02 shata pppd[19185]: RADIUS: wrong service type 4 for
>> user21

The line that describes service-type 4 was already in radiusclient
dictionary file
VALUE           Service-Type            Callback-Framed-User    4

But it does not help.