Access-Accept ONLY on every second try

Miguel Reategui Miguel.Reategui at rci.rogers.com
Mon Jan 22 17:08:25 CET 2007

Greetings Listers,
On testing a development FreeRadius Server we found out that everything
is working, except that the Access-Accept comes only on every second
attempt (!)
As we can safely discard all network and database problems, I wonder if
there is a flag that is being set on the first attempt that allows the
second one to work. But how about the third attempt? It will fail and
then the fourth will go in.
Has anyone experienced something similar? Any tips?

Configuration specs:
- FreeRADIUS Version 1.1.2, for host
- Oracle DB
- All settings are kept as default
- Running modes tried
  * radiusd -X
  * radiusd -xxyz -l stdout
  * radiusd
- Only problem seems to be this one
	rlm_sql (sql): Couldn't insert SQL accounting STOP record -
ORA-00001: unique constraint
(FREE_RADIUS.IDX_RADACCT_SESSIONID_UNIQUEID) violated

Thanks in advance

- Mig