Access-Accept ONLY on every second try

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jan 22 21:30:00 CET 2007

Miguel Reategui wrote:
> Greetings Listers,
> On testing a development FreeRadius Server we found out that everything
> is working, except that the Access-Accept comes only on every second
> attempt (!)

  And what does the FULL debug log say?

> As we can safely discard all network and database problems, I wonder if
> there is a flag that is being set on the first attempt that allows the
> second one to work. But how about the third attempt? It will fail and
> then the fourth will go in.
> Has anyone experienced something similar? Any tips?

  I recall vaguely seeing something like that before, but it's an
awkward problem to debug.

> - Only problem seems to be this one
> 	rlm_sql (sql): Couldn't insert SQL accounting STOP record -
> ORA-00001: unique constraint
> (FREE_RADIUS.IDX_RADACCT_SESSIONID_UNIQUEID) violated

  That has nothing to do with authentication packets.

  Please post the full debug log.  If you're not sure what the problem
is, it's likely that you're not sure what's relevant in the debug log.