FreeRADIUS FreeBSD port

David Wood david at wood2.org.uk
Tue Jan 23 05:28:02 CET 2007

Hi Mike and everyone,

In message <23344.209.47.38.69.1169489108.squirrel at wettoast.dyndns.org>,
Mike Jakubik <mikej at rogers.com> writes
>Thanks for taking the time to support the port. The only issue i have, and
>this may very well not be this ports fault, is that when defined to use
>mysql, the port starts before mysql is ready for it, so it dies, and never
>effectively starts up by itself. Here is an example of what goes on in the
>log:

This is an rcorder thing - you may find man 8 rcorder and the output of:
rcorder /etc/rc.d/* /usr/local/etc/rc.d/*
interesting.

I probably need to add extra entries to the REQUIRE line of
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/radiusd when some of the optional modules are
enabled.

In your case, assuming that the MySQL server runs on the same box,
adding mysql to the REQUIRE line to that it reads
# REQUIRE: NETWORKING SERVERS mysql

should do the job. The rcorder command will help you check whether that
is going to work.

Maybe such an addition needs doing automagically in the port - as well
as the equivalent for Postgres. It wouldn't help any if the SQL server
wasn't running on the same box, but I'm not sure that it would do any
harm either.

I may need to think further on this one, though it's not as if a manual
edit to the rc.d script is that difficult.

Best wishes,

David
--
David Wood