Build a custom module

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jul 4 07:19:48 CEST 2007

Hugh Messenger wrote:
> <flame>
> I'm just wondering why some of the major Linux releases are still shipping
> 1.1.3.

  There are versions of redhat that still use 1.0.4.

  The problem is that when you sell a distribution, the customers want
support for N years.  Software doesn't sit still, so they quickly become
users of legacy versions.

> Is there anything the freeradius community can do about this?  Can we write
> our /Congressmen|Member of Parliament|Dictator|Oligarch/?  Threaten to
> scream and scream until we're sick if we don't get our own way?
> </flame>

  OpenLDAP has the same issue.  See the Connexitor blog.  Redhat either
doesn't care, or doesn't have the resources to keep up to date with
thousands of open source packages.

  This is where systems like Debian have a *huge* win.