FR + AD host/ machine/ workstation authentication

Jacob Jarick mem.namefix at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 10:48:45 CEST 2007

Fussy config file = petty criticism ?

If so deal with it you will hear far worse I'm sure. Why not be honest
? and admit that all your really after is to continue the conflict we
hard several months ago.

So can we drop it please?  If nothing else this is counter productive.
I'm very surprised your still upset from previous clash which I had
let lie. To be still looking for conflict after all this time is quite
sad.

so there is no misunderstanding:

* The Freeradius configs are the touchiest fussiest config files I
have ever dealt with, this in no way reflects on the product itself.
It is just a very steep learning curve. I also am aware that most of
the complexity is due to it supporting many many protocols and
backends.

* Freeradius Documentation is lacking (its a common thing for oss
projects). That is a statement, not a shot at any of the howto
writers. Again I do realise that this is due to the diversity of the
project (many different possible configurations). I will gladly help
document my current setup once finalized.

* I despise people whose only purpose in a thread to be a obnoxious
self-important git. To clarify on this most recent occasion that would
be you Alan, though I have seen you been very helpful on other
threads. The last thing a frustrated user who has been making an
honest attempt needs to hear is "your an idiot, rtfm, upgrade, etc" <-
paraphrasing of course.