FreeRADIUS vs Windows VISTA clients

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jul 9 23:11:08 CEST 2007

Jose wrote:
>  Wondering if anyone can provide me a link/doc (without me going out to
> prepare a small lab enviroment for proof-of-concept), that will help
> prove that FreeRADIUS will support Window VISTA clients with their
> respective factory defaults.
> Thank you.

  PEAP doesn't work that way.

  If you're willing to uncheck "validate server certificate" in the
802.1x GUI, then PEAP will work.  If you're willing to install the
server certificate on the Vista box, then PEAP will work.

  Your question is like asking how to buy something in a store without
giving them money or a credit card.  It's possible, I guess... but
realistically, no one ever does it that way.  For *very* good reasons.