Any successes with Belkin Wireless Access Point?

Garvin Haslett Garvin.Haslett at Emccsoft.com
Tue Jul 10 17:02:10 CEST 2007

I've now configured the the clients as such:

client 172.16.0.0/16 {
	secret		= testing123
	shortname	= belkin-at-garvin
}

The IP address of the network card on my Windows machine is 172.16.1.1.
While the corresponding value for the Access point is 172.16.1.2.
Subnet masks in both cases is 255.255.0.0

However, still no sign of traffic destined for the Radius server.

Garvin.

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 11:24:01 +0100
From: <tnt at kalik.co.yu>
Subject: RE: Freeradius-Users Digest, Vol 27, Issue 44
	<freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org>

XP won't route to APIPA address. Make a /30 network in a different
private IP range. Or you can switch on Internet Connection sharing on
XP, NIC wil be fixed to 192.168.0.1 and it will behave like a
mini-router (DHCP etc.). Just fix the IP address on AP (so you have a
single address in clients.conf) and leave the rest on automatic.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP

Dana 10/7/2007, "Garvin Haslett" <Garvin.Haslett at Emccsoft.com> pi?e:

>I've changed the client declaration thus so that the CIDR matches the
>subnet mask for a Class B IP address:
>
>client 169.254.188.217/16 {
>	secret		= testing123
>	shortname	= belkin-at-garvin
>}
>
>But it still doesn't work.
>
>Is this what was meant or is it the 169.254.0.0 network number that is
>at fault?
>
>Garvin.

>Your AP IP address is from Automatic Private IP Addressing range.
>Routing is not going to work there. Make a "proper" /30 network between
>AP and the PC.
>
>Ivan Kalik
>Kalik Informatika ISP
>

>Dana 9/7/2007, "Garvin Haslett" <Garvin.Haslett at Emccsoft.com> pi?e:
>
>>I have a tiny test network consisting of a Belkin Wireless Access
Point