Interim-Updates

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Fri Jul 13 08:10:21 CEST 2007

> Exactly. Although of course your DB columns need to be able to hold the
> large numbers as well so they should be of type BIGINT like:
>
>   AcctInputOctets bigint(20) default NULL,
>   AcctOutputOctets bigint(20) default NULL,
>
> I updated the MySQL schema a couple of days ago to reflect this, but have
> not updated the default queries yet as I haven't had time to test them.
> (MySQL doesn't always accept "standard" SQL and I didnt want to break
> anything)
>
> If someone has time to test this before I do, please shoot me a mail with
> tested working queries for MySQL...

Hm, Alan commited my fix for this very problem to the HEAD CVS already. I
assume you backported it to 1.1.x? Or did you re-do it? In any case, my fixes
to the queries and schema are tested, running in our production environment
for quite a while.

BTW, that link from the OP on the netexperise.eu web site
(http://www.netexpertise.eu/en/FreeRadius/DailyAcct.html) should really be
amended with the proper instructions to put gigawords into older versions of
FreeRADIUS (adding these extra columns to hold the gigawords and even more
going to the lengths of introducing stored procedures is _really_ hacky). A
set of instructions is in the FreeRADIUS Wiki already:

http://wiki.freeradius.org/FAQ#How_do_I_enable_logging_of_64_bit_counters.2C_a.k.a._Acct-.7BInput.7COutput.7D-Gigawords.3F

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

--
Stefan WINTER

Stiftung RESTENA - Réseau Téléinformatique de l'Education Nationale et de
la Recherche
Ingenieur Forschung & Entwicklung

6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
L-1359 Luxembourg