Upgrading from 0.9.3 to 1.1.3 or 1.1.6

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Fri Jul 13 13:40:09 CEST 2007

On Fri 13 Jul 2007, Peter Nixon wrote:
> On Fri 13 Jul 2007, Nico Schottelius wrote:
> > Peter Nixon [Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 12:57:32PM +0300]:

> > > Thats because you are supposed to use postgresql.conf with postgresql.
> >
> > Also thought that, but when I installed it from ports (FreeBSD 6.2) I
> > get this:
> >
> > [root at ddba017 /usr/local/etc/raddb]# ls
> > acct_users              hints                   radiusd.conf.working
> > certs                   huntgroups              samples
> > clients.conf            old                     snmp.conf
> > dictionary              preproxy_users          sql.conf
> > eap.conf                proxy.conf              users
> > example.pl              radiusd.conf
> >
> > So, perhaps the port is broken.
>
> Yep
>
> > I attached pg_dump -s -U pgsql radius from the new server that imported
> > the old schema.
>
> Can you also post the error messages for the queries that are failing.
>
> The schema has changed quite a bit since those days, AND you have
> converted from MySQL so almost your entire schema is currently
> non-default. We should only have to change a couple of columns to make it
> "work" however. The other changes are either performance changes, or fixes
> for new usage types. (For example the UserName field changed from
> VARCHAR(64) to VARCHAR(253) in order to fit the crazily long usernames
> that SIP and IPv6 gateways produce, which wont affect you unless you are
> doing SIP or IPv6 accounting)

Just a quick tip to get you started as I have to head out and may not have a
chance to reply until tomorrow:

ALTER TABLE radacct ALTER acctinputoctets TYPE bigint;

and

ALTER TABLE radacct ADD XAscendSessionSvrKey VARCHAR(10);

Just go though your schema line by line and compare with the one in
doc/examples/postgresql.sql running either one of those 2 commands (with the
correct datatype and column name) until your schema looks like the default
one. You should not lose any data in the process, but its a good idea to
have a backup of you table in any case.

Regards

--

Peter Nixon