Interim-Updates

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Fri Jul 13 18:32:31 CEST 2007

On Fri 13 Jul 2007, Hugh Messenger wrote:
> Peter Nixon said:
> > On Fri 13 Jul 2007, Hugh Messenger wrote:
> > If someone has time to test this before I do, please shoot me a mail
> > with tested working queries for MySQL...
>
> I'm testing today, I'll get back to you.

Well, check the code I committed 5min ago to cvs AND 1.1.x branch. I had a
stab at it myself as Alan wants to release 1.1.7 on Monday and I wanted to
have it in. I hope it works. Positive (or negative) reports before Monday
would be great :-)

> BTW, one thing that always confused me about the stored procure hack was
> that it sums the values from the update with previous values in the db
> from that session.  But I always thought interim updates were cumulative,
> i.e. the values are the totals since the start of that session, NOT since
> the last update.  So I could never quite understood why the stored
> procedures needed to bother about previous values from the session.
>
> Not an issue as I'm not using that hack.  But confusing none the less.

Yeah. I never bothered to use it. It was much easier just to fix the
queries...

--

Peter Nixon
http://peternixon.net/