Testing WAD via ntlm_auth

ken k.brown at bbk.ac.uk
Wed Jul 18 22:41:10 CEST 2007

Does anyone have actual examples of radclient (or other
command-line tools) being used to test Freeradius using Windows
Active Directory authentication via samba/ntlm_auth?

I'd like to be able to test Radius authentication for various
different categories of user on our Active Directory.

Presumably this involves PEAP/MSCHAPv2 I can't work out how to
do it without using a Windows client and a wireless
infrastructure we don't have yet. (or even if it is doable)

I can use radclient to test PAP and "straight" CHAP against
locally defined users with cleartext passwords. Time to go one
step further.