Testing WAD via ntlm_auth

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Jul 18 22:55:08 CEST 2007

Hi,

> Presumably this involves PEAP/MSCHAPv2 I can't work out how to
> do it without using a Windows client and a wireless
> infrastructure we don't have yet. (or even if it is doable)

you dont need wireless to do such testing - there are plenty
of ethernet switches out there that do 802.1x and can throw
the EAP authentication to your RADIUS box...
...with this in mind, you could use wpa_supplicant on linux
- yes it does wired 802.1x nicely... eg have this in the config

    eap=PEAP
    identity="domain\username"
    password="secret_password"
    ca_cert="/etc/cert/ca.pem"
    phase1="peaplabel=0"
    phase2="auth=MSCHAPV2"

or..since you're playing with wpa_supplicant..use its handy tool
eapol_test  - very useful.

of course, with wired 802.1x you can also play with the windows client
and get used to its quirks and foibles.

alan