conflict with other services?

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Fri Jul 20 23:26:33 CEST 2007

On Fri 20 Jul 2007, Hugh Messenger wrote:
> This is a long shot, but if anyone has the time to read this, I'd
> appreciate any suggestions!
>
> I'm running FR 1.x on the same RHEL4 box that handles POP3/IMAP proxying
> (using 'perdition') and authenticated SMTP (using sendmail).  I'm in the
> process of migrating from Funk/Juniper, so my other RADIUS servers are
> otherwise occupied.

Are you doing lots of SSL mail connections? Are you also doing Wireless EAP?

I have heard of otherwise underloaded boxes doing "random" things like this
when they run out of randomness while doing to many crypto sessions.
(Too "many", not too "much"... ie. Not a CPU issue..)

--

Peter Nixon
http://peternixon.net/