WPA2/AES + MSCHAPv2 + FreeRADIUS + NO AD/LDAP - Help w/ Local Config

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Sat Jul 21 19:25:48 CEST 2007

Hi,

> So what are you purposing I reconfigure in the Vista configuration? I have
> changed it to PEAP settings, but as my initial issue states, Vista still
> tries to send the PCNAME\Username format. There is not an option I'm aware
> of to turn this off in Vista/XP. Since we are not joined to a domain, I need
> that PCNAME\ stripped off and then authenticate the Vista Username/Password
> against the users.conf file. That is what I can't figure out how to
> configure.

you can configure the PEAP settings on a vista box, then export those
settings , edit them, if needed, and simply reimport them onto
other systems using netsh and the XML method that vista supports
eg: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929847   (ignore the title of
this KB..its the text you want to read.

alan