mod_auth_radius

B Thompson bt4 at york.ac.uk
Mon Jul 23 11:19:07 CEST 2007

On Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 09:14:28AM -0400, Nick Owen wrote:
> On 7/19/07, Rascher, Markus <markus.mr.rascher at siemens.com> wrote:
> >

> > Hi All,
> >
> > is there a tutorial how to install mod_auth_radius on an apache 2.xx server?
> > The howto on the freeradius webpage is a little bit deprecated i guess.
> > i get an error when starting the apache server after installing
> > mod_auth_radius:
> >
> > # service httpd start
> > Starting httpd: httpd: Syntax error on line 205 of
> > /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load
> > /usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_auth_radius-2.0.so into server:
> > /usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_auth_radius-2.0.so: undefined
> > symbol: ap_snprintf
> > [FAILED]
>
> You might try mod_auth_xradius.  I have done a couple of apache +
> radius + WiKID 2FA docs that might help:
> http://www.wikidsystems.com/documentation/howtos/how-to-add-two-factor-authentication-to-apache/
>
> http://www.howtoforge.com/apache_radius_two_factor_authentication
>
> The latter is more recent.

I tried mod_auth_xradius but found it has a major bug where it won't
let you configure more than one RADIUS server.

When I tried mod_auth_radius-2.0 this built OK with my server but I
couldn't figure what to put in httpd.conf to make it work. Has
AuthAuthoritative been replaced by AuthBasicAuthoritative? If so, does
anyone know how what the httpd config for apache2 should look like?

--

Ben Thompson