2.0 mysql.sql

Hugh Messenger hugh at alaweb.com
Mon Jul 23 17:11:59 CEST 2007

While we are on the subject of schemas (schemi?) ...

Would it be worth adding some indexing to the basic sqlippool table?  At the
moment, only the 'id' is indexed, by virtue of being the primary key.

I should imagine that even a medium sized provider could end up with quite
large radippool tables, at a thousand or so entries for every four class
C's.  I'm just a corner shop ISP, but even I'll end up with about 10k
entries by the time I'm done migrating everything from Funk.

With 3 queries per login, 1 each for every stop, start and update, plus
whatever work the backend provisioning is doing to check and update the
pools, that's a lot of extra work for the db with no indexing.

Also, unless there is some bizarre circumstance I haven't thought of where
the same IP would appear twice, make FrameIPAddress a 'unique' index, to
prevent accidentally adding the same IP twice when provisioning the table.

   -- hugh