Freeradius & Juniper

Marcel De Boer marcel.de_boer at alcatel-lucent.be
Fri Jul 27 17:05:07 CEST 2007

Hi!

> I'm using freeradius 0.9.3 (mandrake 10) to authenticate pppoe users !
>
> When a juniper equipment try to authenticate it fails! (most other brand
> succed) They told me the field order are not send in the good order...

First of all, I have no idea what you are doing from your explanation...
you are authenticating the PPPoE users, so I would think that you are
the ISP yourself.

- What is the role of the Juniper device? (The device that is requesting
the connection? The device that is receiving the connection?)
- Exactly what kind of equipment is on the other end of the line?
- Which device is communicating with FreeRADIUS?

>  : SEND DECODE:(ethernet0/0) ***[IPCP ConfReq ID=0x1
> <ADDR 0.0.0.0> <DNS_P 0.0.0.0> <DNS_S 0.0.0.0> <NBNS_P 0.0.0.0> <NBNS_S
> 0.0.0.0>]***
>
> RECV DECODE:(ethernet0/0)
> ***[IPCP ConfRej ID=0x1 <NBNS_P 0.0.0.0> <DNS_S 0.0.0.0> <NBNS_S
>
> Can I do something about this rapidely

This does not look like a RADIUS problem. One of your PPP peers (the one
on the other end of the line) is mangling its responses and the device
from which you posted the logs is not accepting that (as it should, like
you already indicated yourself). This is a PPPoE problem.

Gtnx
	Marcel