CalledStationID

Jeffrey Sewell jeffrey.sewell at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 00:21:06 CEST 2007

I'm trying to solve a design issue and wonder if anyone has done
something similar with hotspots. I would like to send back different
values in the VSAs when a user logs in from one calledStationID vs
another.

For example. User joe logs in from hotspot1. the calledStationID is
sent. FreeRADIUS takes that and sends back the local DNS server IP
address (or whatever is specific to that region) instead of the one
tied to, say, hotspot100.

The goal is to allow me to setup different regions in FreeRADIUS with
region-specific parameters.

I had some things that I thought would work, but I'm wondering how
others have solved this problem.

Jeffrey