Freeradius as a proxy to Windows IAS - Solved!

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Jul 31 16:26:16 CEST 2007

Hi,

>   The limit in 1.1.7 is 32 characters, not 16.  And if you use
> radclient, there is no limit to the secret length.
>
>   1) Use radclient on the machine running FreeRADIUS to test IAS with
> the 25-character shared secret.  If that works,
>
>   2) Type the secret into FreeRADIUS.

hmm, its interesting that the key length is an issue - I guess we
_could_ have a much larger number with no real issue...but would
that actually gain anything security wise? I also note that MANY
NAS devices have much smaller maximum shared secrets (memory is
precious I guess..) eg only 16 characters in length!

alan