Freeradius as a secondary

Arran Cudbard-Bell A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk
Sat Jun 9 21:09:36 CEST 2007

Jeff wrote:

> I am using Freeradius as a Secondary Radius.
>
> The issue is sometimes not always but 98% of the time
>
> A user when  they connect to the secondary (freeradius) and connect
>
> accounting packet start and then when they disconnect no accounting
> packet stop gets to the secondary
>
> Reason its going to the primary radius (VOPRAdius)
>
> Thus the problem being the secondary thinks they are still connected.
>
> The nas's are not onn site these are from level3 networks
>
> Does anyone know what to do for this?
>
> Since freeradius is not being used as a primary too
>
> I am at a stump on this one.

The issue can only be NAS side, accounting packets are completely
disconnected from one another, the only thing they share is a session ID
(included in the packets) , which FreeRADIUS uses to correlate the start
stop and interim update packets.

If VopRADIUS can use SQL as an accounting database , you could point
them both at a single database instance. Theres no reason why stop,
start and interim packets couldn't go to different RADIUS servers.