Multiple shared secrets?

Mark J Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Mon Jun 11 18:41:19 CEST 2007

Can one have multiple shared secrets for the same client(NAS) ?

ie - in clients.conf - something like...

client  192.168.10.20{
        secret          = secret1
        secret          = secret2
        shortname       = mynas
        nastype         = other

so that if the first secret does not work - the second secret is tried?
(or how else could I solve the problem)

I'm merging two Radius Servers - and authenticating packets from my
Incumberant Telcom Provider - who is using proxies (a handful) from
(hundreds of) multiple NAS's...  from different services (Dialup - is
one system, aDSL is another system).

I currently have two different shared secrets - and these seem to be
bleeding together...
I'm looking for a stop-gap until I can get the right people to do the
right thing.

--
  .  .     ___. .__      Posix Systems - Sth Africa
 /| /|       / /__       mje at posix.co.za  -  Mark J Elkins, SCO ACE, Cisco CCIE