Errors reading dictionary - MikroTik [sec=unclassified]

Liam Farr liam at farr.net.nz
Fri Jun 15 09:59:48 CEST 2007

Thanks heaps Kelvin & Frank, worked a treat!

I re downloaded the Debian free radius package, extracted and replaced the
original /etc/freeradius/dictionary file, chomod & chown'd it and added the
line '$INCLUDE        /usr/share/freeradius/dictionary.mikrotik'.

I didn't do step 3 though (?).

Now when it starts I get this (which appears normal);

> daytona:/etc/freeradius# freeradius -x
> Starting - reading configuration files ...
> Using deprecated naslist file.  Support for this will go away soon.
> Module: Loaded PAP
> Module: Instantiated pap (pap)
> Module: Loaded CHAP
> Module: Instantiated chap (chap)
> Module: Loaded MS-CHAP
> Module: Instantiated mschap (mschap)
> Module: Loaded SQL
> rlm_sql (sql): Driver rlm_sql_mysql (module rlm_sql_mysql) loaded and
> linked
> rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect to freeradius_user at localhost
> :/freeradius
> rlm_sql (sql): starting 0
> rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #0
> rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #0
> rlm_sql (sql): Connected new DB handle, #0
> rlm_sql (sql): starting 1
> rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #1
> rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #1
> rlm_sql (sql): Connected new DB handle, #1
> rlm_sql (sql): starting 2
> rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #2
> rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #2
> rlm_sql (sql): Connected new DB handle, #2
> rlm_sql (sql): starting 3
> rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #3
> rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #3
> rlm_sql (sql): Connected new DB handle, #3
> rlm_sql (sql): starting 4
> rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #4
> rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #4
> rlm_sql (sql): Connected new DB handle, #4
> Module: Instantiated sql (sql)
> Module: Loaded Acct-Unique-Session-Id
> Module: Instantiated acct_unique (acct_unique)
> Initializing the thread pool...
> Listening on authentication *:1812
> Listening on accounting *:1813
> Ready to process requests.