Freeradius PEAP and Wireless

Cody Jarrett cody.jarrett at itfreedom.com
Mon Jun 18 00:52:50 CEST 2007

I'm trying to setup freeradius with ldap for use with a wireless
network. I don't want to have to deal with tls and certificates if
possible, I would just like for users to use their username and password
to connect. The radius config for ldap is pretty easy, but I'm having a
problem when trying to enable peap as my default eap type. I've done so
in my eap.conf which I've included and a section of debug when trying to
start radiusd. Appreciate any info.

When trying to start radiusd:

Module: Instantiated ldap (ldap)
Module: Loaded eap
  eap: default_eap_type = "peap"
  eap: timer_expire = 60
  eap: ignore_unknown_eap_types = no
  eap: cisco_accounting_username_bug = no
rlm_eap: Unable to load EAP-Type/peap, as EAP-Type/TLS is required first.
radiusd.conf[10]: eap: Module instantiation failed.
radiusd.conf[1939] Unknown module "eap".
radiusd.conf[1886] Failed to parse authenticate section.

eap.conf basically, everything else is commented out.
	 eap {

          default_eap_type = peap

	 peap {
                 default_eap_type = mschapv2