Freeradius PEAP and Wireless

Alan Dekok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jun 18 09:36:08 CEST 2007

Cody Jarrett wrote:
> I'm trying to setup freeradius with ldap for use with a wireless
> network. I don't want to have to deal with tls and certificates if
> possible,

  Then you won't be doing PEAP.  It requires TLS and certificates.
> rlm_eap: Unable to load EAP-Type/peap, as EAP-Type/TLS is required first.

  What is unclear about that message?  It's telling you that you need
TLS for PEAP to work.

  All of the howto's show that you have to configure TLS before PEAP.
The comments in "eap.conf" say you have to configure TLS before PEAP.

  What's the problem?