Additionally set/provided variables... how to access them?

Mark J Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Mon Jun 18 18:24:38 CEST 2007

My telcom incumberant allows me to authenticate my clients on his
network - providing me with both ADSL and Dialup facilities  - which I
then sell on to my clients. I need to be able to distinguish between
these two different service types. My telco sends ....
%{Telkom-Access-Type}   and when I (for example) look in the environment
- I see TELKOM_ACCESS_TYPE either set to "dsl" or "dial" - just what I
need....

but I am trying to accesss these values inside some MySQL.

In my "useracct" table - I have a table value called "aces_typ" (ie -
Access-Type) which contains either the word "dial" or "dsl".

In my "authorize_check_query" statement - I have....

AND ( aces_typ='%{Telkom-Access-Type}' OR '%{Telkom-Access-Type}'='' )

(I also do authenticate from NAS's which do not set that value (ie - My
own AS5300) - hence the check for it not being set - Hmm - how do I set
that in my Cisco?)

This gives (in radiusd -X) the debug warning message of....

WARNING: Attempt to use unknown xlat function, or non-existent attribute
in string %{Telkom-Access-Type}

So how do I correctly access and use this value????

--
  .  .     ___. .__      Posix Systems - Sth Africa
 /| /|       / /__       mje at posix.co.za  -  Mark J Elkins, SCO ACE, Cisco CCIE