Server dies

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Tue Jun 19 20:07:50 CEST 2007

On Tue 19 Jun 2007, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Hugh Messenger wrote:
> > Alan Dekok <aland at deployingradius.com> said

> > So far the only errors I'm seeing are these:
> >
> > ==29820== Thread 2:
> > ==29820== Invalid write of size 1
> > ==29820==    at 0x4819294: strNcpy (misc.c:187)
> > ==29820==    by 0x4CC43F3: sqlippool_postauth (rlm_sqlippool.c:527)
>
>   That's... fairly broken.
>
>   Barring severe code changes to rlm_sqlippool, I would suggest not
> using it in 1.1.6.  Sorry.
>
>   Try 2.0.0-pre, at least the rlm_sqlippool module is fixed there.

Yes. There have been numerous changes to rlm_sqlippool in 2.0. Enough so that
I think we will probably mark it as a stable module... On the other hand
rlm_sqlippool in 1.1.x should work but could be horribly broken. Thats why
it's marked as experimental. It was a conscious decision on my part after
consultation with Alan not to backport the rlm_sqlippool code changes from
cvs HEAD to the 1.1.x branch (Because of a lack of bandwidth on my side).

If you can break rlm_sqlippool in cvs head/2.0preX in the same way it is
breaking in 1.1.x then we will have a stab at trying to fix it, but
otherwise.. Sorry.. Thats what experimental modules are for..

You are of course welcome to submit a patch to fix the problem or backport
patches from cvs HEAD.. It's not a huge amount of work, but enough that I
didnt want to do it :-)

Cheers
--

Peter Nixon