Attribute "User-Password" is required for authentication

Cody Jarrett cody.jarrett at itfreedom.com
Mon Jun 18 22:31:37 CEST 2007

I found a few topics on this issue but nothing quite informative enough.
I'm trying to get freeradius auth working with pam and peap. When I test
my config with radtest, I get Access-accept. When I use a windows XP
supplicant with a 3com access point, I get:

rlm_pam: Attribute "User-Password" is required for authentication.
modcall[authenticate]: module "pam" returns invalid for request 4
modcall: leaving group authenticate (returns invalid) for request 4
auth: Failed to validate the user.

Is the 3com not sending User-Password attributes in the packets, or is
something else wrong?